<July 13, 2004>
- Another Artist's Proof sketch for you here. I did this one with Trias and Faber-Castell pens.
- Here's something a lil' different: a sketch made on the back of a Pro Tour badge. These are badges handed out to judges and also as awards at Magic PT events. They also happen to be great for sketchin'. Did this one with Tria Pantones.
- Another Magic card for you! Kamahl (a good guy, I think) summons up a pair of giant bear-spirits made of forest detritus. Painter 6.0 or 7.0, I can't remember. © 2001 Wizards of the Coast.
- More monkey junky. It's another sketch on the back of an Artist's Proof! Black ground made with Char-Pak markers, sketch drawn with gold and green gel pens.
- RAR! A big giant huge undead mammoth thing with arcane glowy tattoos. Graphite and Photoshop. © Green Ronin.
- Anthrocon was a blast! Hope to see you there next year ^_^
- Some people really have to learn that cell phones have emotions, too ... so better don't type too hard!
- And you're still surprised Snirf doesn't like BBF?
- Art Trade with Samantha Robinson: BBF tries to distract Buster, the wolf, from himself in order to stay unharmed. :) Buster is © Samantha Robinson.
- I work in a swank high-rise office for a huge company. However, my co-workers are not sea creatures. But somehow, my daily routine inspired this odd image. I imagine the narwhal mumbling "It's my stapler..."
- A graven image of me! And kind of an odd one at that, since I took the picture myself and seem to have an extra chin that I swear doesn't exist in real life. Hairy faced man-fragment on this picture's left side is property of ME.
- A color version of the picture I did for Radio Comix's Hit the Beach 2004. Ink & watercolor.
- Begining my usual post-AC upload. This is an experimental picture done in a more realistic style than I usually use. A Pallas cat and her wolf patrol the edges of their territory. Don't expect to see too many other pictures like this from me; this took forever to do. Mostly watercolor & colored pencils, with some ink and acrylic.
- My one 'cute' picture for AC. A griffin kit and felid kitten know they're supposed to do SOMETHING with this mouse, they're just trying to figure out what it is... Watercolor & ink.
- This is the peice I got the most comments on at AC (go figure!) Various nightjars and a nighthawk. Lots of fun trying to do all that intricate plumage. From left to right: Long-tailed nightjar, Great eared nightjar, Common nighthawk, Ocellated poorwill, Golden nightjar, Common poorwill and a Chuck-will's-widow. Markers, white paint and some ink.
- Mitch gave me the idea to create a superhero pic so here's Elena as Halitosa: Mistress of Stink. I admit it's a bit corny, but there have been some really messed up comic book superheroes in the past so it's all good.
- My I don't have time to draw but I really really want to anyway quickie for the trading post ^_^ Vantid's Koirin.
<July 13, 2004>