<March 30, 2002>
- Wow! look! A fat baby chick! How Easter-y! ^^
- feelings shut within a wall , emotions on paper letting it flow out and the end result
- some random perspective work i suppose.
- hmm, food and nutrition again.
- A couple of drawings I will paint and ink later. Scapino acting all showy with a bunch of acrobats in the background.
- Columbina, bringing tea. Let's see, what else..she's wearing pocket panniers. Not a helpful description..
- Arlecchino. That happy boy.
- Pedrolino, that little sweet faced puppy dog. Puke.
- The second of my alternate frog series, based on the American goldfinch, we have--the frogfinch! What really makes this painting work for me is the top frog's expression. I could repaint the rest any number of ways, but the happy, not-terribly-bright smile on that frog would have to stay the same.
- Somehow from frogs with bird markings to frogs with wings wasn't a big jump. This painting started as a watercolor, but after several days of frustration over the bristlecone pine roots, I just scanned the good bits and reworked it digitally, much to the betterment of the whole.
- Glory be, it's an acrylic, not digital. 18 x 36, another winged frog based on, of all things, the African buffalo weaver, and a whole slew of orchids.
- Lookie, I can draw big pants and wings, too. You all think I'm cool now. No you don't. Because you know that I listen to synthpop, and that automatically negates any and all coolness that I may otherwise acquire. Oh well.