<February 8, 2002>
- Commission. Man to dog. 7 of 9. Clothes disintegrating, but he's not too concerned. It's a dog's life he's looking at, after all.
- Commission. Man to dog. 8 of 9. Snff snff doggie smell something. What is it?
- Commission. Man to dog. 9 of 9. It's mistress! Happy day! Now we can go on walkies!
- He's the sheriff, and he's a werewolf. Yeehaw.
- Sketch of a snowy hyena critter that I've been drawing lately
- My little Tiger cub! Isn't he cute! He's on sale, too! Yea! I really like this drawing! :D http://furrybid.transform.to/cgi-bin/auction.pl?furry&1013581743
- Work in progress as I slog through long overdue commissions to very patient clients. Mischievious Coyote sneaks away with Bear's fire while he sleeps. Pencil on grey toned watercolor paper.
- This piece started out as an ugly doodle in my sketchbook, done by using a feather and red acrylic paint. I fingerpainted over that and then touched it up with colored pencils, and then painted more with acrylics over that.
- Christmas present for a friend of mine; she told me she wanted me to draw a picture of a skinhead for her.. Acrylics & ballpoint pen.
- For Sierra Loucks, one of my best friends. She's got awesome work at the VCL, check it out sometime. I drew this while sitting at the Oakland Children's Hospital in my free hours there, while I was visiting a friend's brother.
- This is baby Sukaris - more prismacolors on mattboard. The blue flame is supposed to make him cast red shadows. I decided against a background on this one, instead trying to make the light from the flame more prominent. Sukaris is copyrighted to me.
- Titled 'Angle of Impact.' A lone lockjaw turns to begin its attack on a singled-out kakriky racer. Lockjaws and kakrikys are copyrighted to me!
- No title, though everyone seems to like it anyway. A purple dragon/lizard complains about the weather. Good naturedly, of course. I really liked how it turned out.
- It's a doodle of my little sister. The balm of my soul. Lately she's had her computer priveledges revoked because she hasn't seen daylight or sleep in a while. She's gonna be maaaaad. Times like these make me relieved I attend a school out of state.
- This is the last of the brown paper sketches. Like the others, it makes no sense. No need to ponder any deep meanings. There are none. Just another way to avoid getting any real work done. My offering to the Procrastination Gods!
- Cropped version for Yerf, but I am back in the zone again. Commission for Timewolf.
- "May We Run Now?" Artwork for the official Race Cover (and Cachets) for the 2002, Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race! Mushers leave this Saturday, Feb. 9, from Downtown Fairbanks and travel 1,000 over some of the most difficult terrain in the world, arriving in Whitehorse, YT, Canada, following the old Gold Rush trails! (500 of the Cachets are carried by the Mushers, themselves! Signed, numbered they are available to collectors after the race!)
- "Bear Naked". Nothing's showing, so hopefully this is Yerf-able. This was a scratchboard assignment for illustration class. We were supposed to draw "animal people" based on puns. Artwork © 2002 Kayleen Connell.
- Jody strikes a sexy pose. Artwork © 2002 Kayleen Connell.
- Watercolor. Katarina, daydreaming. This one seems to be pretty popular among my "fans", so I'm uploading it here, despite its age. Artwork © 2002 Kayleen Connell.
- An older pic that I think holds up fairly well. Lillian the pirate wench. Artwork © 2002 Kayleen Connell. Lillian © Kylen Miles.
- I miss my friends...
<February 8, 2002>