<August 12, 1997>
- I drew this for Abicus Jura (god I hope I spelled that right) He was keen enough to send me a neat welcome letter to the SCFA so I decided, since I did one for Gene, I'd do one for Abicus. I did some others too that'll show up someday I guess. Abicus Jura is © Jason Williams
- Part the First of my latest comic book project, "the Fantastic Adventures of Muffin the Plunger Skunk". It's not quite as silly as it sounds. Muffin fights crime, using only her wits and her twin plungers, which are handy for scaling walls, beating up bad guys, unclogging toilets, etc. Muffin © me. ( Note: just 'cos I start a new comic doesn't mean I'm done with the rest of them. Watch for Tooned Out #1, coming soon. I think.)
- "o/~Here come the Men in Black... (here they come) ...Galaxy defenders...o/~" (Idea by AltarSkunk)
- Poor spelling and an extremely curtailed storyline make this a definite subject for revision. I had originally intended for the small town of Mustang (also the name of the community college's paper) to host two residents, the sheriff and a criminal, dependant on each other to keep the town alive. I only had seven issues to work with so this sub-plot was cut, and never even drawn.
- Featuring Anarchy Guy! Loosely based on a couple characters from a furry comic i used to read. He almost begs to have his own strip, but I never got around to it... Who'd want to see that anyway? %}
- One of the nicer ones I've done. Plenty of Trek and Buckaroo Bonzai references. The final panel is, to me, an almost perfect example of how I'd LIKE to draw all the time, especially Dobbs on the right. I like the "insane Herb" too. heh heh heh heh heh...
- A Star Wars reference to placate those riled by my love of Star Trek. This was done FAST maybe an hour for the whole thing. Appa-polla-ollagies...
- The wrap-up for the Roadtrip series, and the golden gate to Moosejaw! my next intended but uncompleted series picking up where RT leaves off... BTW Smeg was a comic done by the Art Editor of the college paper, Ian Bates. Just in case you were wondering... didn't think so...
- Work is a little scarce in the animation industry so Mason decided to branch out into the print field. Even better - he was offered his own comic! Skymouse, coming to a shelf near you. :) They didn't tell him if it was a retro sci-fi epic or manga of some sort, but he doesn't mind since he gets to wear shades and kick booty either way.
- A "Kodak Moment" from FurryMUCK, from a little side conversation HoneyBadger and I had.
- Timebase cleans up. Timebase ©; Ryan Dewalt.
- Trixi Bigfoot, whom I had a nice conversation with via email a short while back, in my own style. I did a bit of creative designing with her clothing, as well as with creating the background.
- An experiment with hatches. Furry art performance is difficult for me.
- Letting It Out - This is the most emotional picture I have ever done. Lindgold and Artania, both characters from FurryMuck. Artania thought she lost someone very close to her, and Lindgold happened to mention how sorry he was to her at the wrong moment. Also my first pic coloured with Photoshop. Artania ©; her player, Lindgold ©; me.
<August 12, 1997>