Christopher Snowdon (Radd)
- Doodled up a picture of Lizzie sitting in a Mighty Taco before work. Coloured it in Photoshop a couple nights later and added a background I'd drawn at Denny's a few weeks before. Decided to be a little creative with the border on this one. Turned out to be a nifty poster.
- A picture of Heather Reedy's 'Jessup'. People tell me this one looks like it was drawn in chalk, I think it's just the poor resolution it scanned at (used a friend's scanner). This pic didn't take all that long. Few minutes to draw, half an hour to colour, but I think it turned out pretty nice. She's © Reedy.
- 2/11/04 - Sabrina O'Neal's armadillo character, Emba, and my own Getta Garbo. Apparently traipsing.
- 12/18/00 - Getta, an iguana. Came up with him partially because I wanted to do up a male iguana character, and also because I had a few colouring ideas I wanted to try out.
- Doodled a picture of Getta while sitting at Mighty Taco another day before work, and tossed together a background in Photoshop when I went to colour it. Thought it turned out decent.
- 3/19/02 -- Getta Garbo, because I haven't drawn him in a long time and he's one of my favourite characters at the moment. Simple picture just to prove I'm not dead.
- A pic I did for Jag, who's always been one of my favourite artists that I know online, though she doesn't seem to do very much art these days. This is one of the first pictures where I had the idea to use an old sketch as the background for a finished picture instead of leaving a blank background. Jag's © Aloisio.
- 11/20/00 - The story behind the creation of this picture is too long to tell in this space. The police where involved, I'll leave it at that. Each character is copyrighted by their respective creators.
- 8/04/02 -- 'The Lingering Fear That I Cannot Fly...' I'm rarely happy with a piece the moment it's done, and this piece is no exception. I'm rather pleased with a couple techniques that I'd been meaning to use but haven't gotten around to until now, but my experimentation with shadow and contrast still leaves me unsatisfied.
- Lizzie the iguana girl, I mostly love this picture for the colours and shading.
- 12/04/04 - Taking a break from the webcomic to bring the world another Lizzie picture. I've been trying to make her a heatsuit in the same vein as Getta's, but I've been unable to come up with anything remotely satisfactory until now. I'm rather happy with how the outfit, and the picture, turned out. The version I used for my printed portfolio actually shows more of the "artbook page" around the character, but for the online version I did not want to lose detail in the main illustration in favour of the extra stuff around her.
- 9/26/01 - This was done as a gift just because I really liked the character design, and it was inspiring enough to break me out of a 2 month rut. I hope 2002 is kinder to me.
- 6/05/03 - First post-able new artwork in too long. Lizzie strutting her nurse-like-self while helping those poor wounded soldiers. Tweaked the background a bit before uploading here. I think it turned out decent, but it's still a glorified pin-up.
- 4/23/00 - Kinda strange for an Easter picture, but what can I say? I drew this after several failed attempts to think of a 'good' pic to draw. I wanted a weird angle, an interesting pose, a detailed environment. After giving up on that I decided just to draw a 'fun' picture and this was the result. He's supposed to be a jackal. Later on I shortened his tail and made it more jackal-esque. To this day people want to know what's with the mask.
- 10/15/01 - 'It Hurts...' - This piece officially ended my rut, done (along with a non-furry piece) within two weeks of naka.jpg. Got back into the Photoshop groove and just bought a nice set of markers.
- 'Advice' - 4/18/02 - A new pic of Rodney, tossed together fairly quickly so I'd have new art forACen this weekend. Not entirely happy with it other than the colouring on Rodney himself.
- 11/26/01 - Doodled out during a day long wait for a flight, due to bad planning on a trip. Inspired by Mr. Bungle's 'Squeeze Me Macaroni', another online friend's character, White Delirium.
- Part of the background of my White Delirium picture. Simple black and white piece.
- Part of the background of my White Delirium picture. Simple black and white piece. I plan to do more for B&W portfolios and such.
- Part of the background of my White Delirium picture. Yup, another one.
- 5/29/01 - 'Oops, I did it again...' I started drawing this, then left it at just Rodney and the table for a month or two until I finally did the background (wich is nothing like what I wanted) and coloured it (forgetting nearly every trick I usually use to colour). Ah well, still decent I s'pose.
- An experiment with colouring and texture maps in a 2D image.
- 8/16/00 - Yet another picture of Rodney the Jackal, this time I was inspired by the band 'Mr. Bungle', specifically thier song 'Violenza Domestica', and a strong desire to draw from a less used angle. Ciao.
- 7/19/00 - A friend asked me to draw this picture of her iguana character. This started off my big 'iguana' phase. Vyvyan © her player and all that.
- 1/17/04 - The world needs more holograms. I kept the background deliberately simple because the holograms are so detailed. I tried to find just the right balance of foreground and background to try and make the holograms look like they're floating in front of Getta, but not so much that they obscured him. I hope I succeeded to some degree.
- A relatively quick picture, but a decent one. An image of the fruit bat character, Winger, I came up with a few years back and haven't done much with since.
Christopher Snowdon (Radd)