Rachel Carroll (Rai)
- Just doing a bit of crossposting of things that ought to be over here. A gift drawing for Arphalia; regretful for the lack of background, but at least the shading turned out. Arph © his player, art © me.
- Just a vague attempt at acrylics with a brush far too thick and paper far too small, but it's what you'd call a 'mood piece'... went directly from feeling to fingers without filtering through the brain first. Simplistic, yeah, minimalist, but that's what the moment demanded. u_u
- An older piece that I recently drug out and finished. No idea why. No idea why I'm posting it, despite it being obviously dated and having some insufferable flaws... there's something about it I've always liked. Maybe it's just that I don't want to do injustice to the anger that originally spawned it by burying it somewhere. Eh, I dunno. Reno © SquareSoft, art © me.
- This is my 'I'm still alive' post, not as though anyone really cares. ;) Just came off of a four month+ art slump. Epiphany or something. Who knows. c_c Cape Hunting Dog with a .22, not quite sure where the idea, inking style, or any of it came from, but I'm happy enough with it to actually post, so gee whiz and shtuff. Art © me. Etc.
- Old piece. Tried to sell prints of it at AC last year, didn't really fly but I still like how it turned out... even if there are glaring flaws. When are there not, heh. Art © me.
- Goat danz! See goat danz! Danz, goat, danz! .... c_c Okay. I go away now. Evil goat thing and art © me.
- Weird androgynous critter suspended, angry and twitching and powerless to do a thing. I was cranky. I'm not anymore. It's still an interesting end result.
- Tribal jaguarundi against a backdrop of vegetation. Micron, markers, colored pencils.
- Never could get a picture of Joey that I liked, never ssemed to be able to catch him, for some reason. Finally have remedied that. Soft shading for some reason makes it look like there's a thick fog hanging behind him... ::shrugs:: Joey © Ashryn, art © me.
- Odd little drawing. People need to not know so much at me. I'm getting really sick of people who think they know -everything- and are so therefore contented that they don't bother going any deeper, past the layers, past the lies. Past the casual misinformation. Blah. Art © me.
- 'A Million Points of Light' - Just a result of a bad mood combined with recently acquired black paper combined with repeated listenings of VNV Nation's 'Carbon'. Some things I don't like, but I guess the overall effect's not too bad. I guess. c_c
- A gift for KitFox, 'cause I owed him anyway and because he was nice enough to cover me at the Japanese Hibachi place we all went to this week (mmm) when I forgot my cashmoney at home. But this -was- long overdue. KitFox © his player, art © me.
- 'Nothing is Real' - wishful thinking, maybe. I like the shading and the general look of the piano wires, as well as the overall composition. I can't believe this turned out. o_o Art © me.
- A pseudo-Victorian fox-thing discovering that existance ends at the edge of the page. Micron, sharpie, graphite.
- Finally finished this; it was started back in December as a Solstice piece, the rebirth of the sun, all that hoopla. And I'm thrilled with how it turned out - I'll be selling prints of this at AC this year. The prints will have a much better source image than this, but right now I lack both access to the good scanner and the motivation to really clean it up. Art © me.
- Rufus ShinRa as a grey fox, as per request from his player. I'm thrilled with how the shading came out on this one, as well as the overall tone- s'been a while since I pulled off a full-page picture. Whee. Rufus and Dark Nation © SquareSoft, art © me.
- Male version of Rai, looking all swank and hardcore in his trenchcoat and shiny pants. Behind him, the mirror shatters, showing that our perceptions of ourselves are only what we want them to be. c_c; </pretentious philosophical rant>
- An attempt at a different sort of style, not strictly angular, but more stylized. And no, I have no idea what sort of canid would have those sort of markings. Unidentifiable creature and art © me.
- 'False Victory'. Again, older sketch that I only recently inked. Imagery from a dream way back when, playing with the notion of assuming victory - and invulnerablity - way too soon. Never let your guard down, at least, not if you happen to be clearing monsters out of your house with a crossbow... er, yeah. Right. Art © me.
- A special version of the character for the Wasteland/Fallout setting. Hitting bottom can be surprisingly freeing, as long as you can deal with the fact that it won't be a carnie ride to get there. And it's not like you always have a choice, anyway. Reno © Square, current design © myself and Ashryn, art © me.
Rachel Carroll (Rai)