Corene Werhane (Nezumi)
- ...I deny your bright and iconic abstraction...
- The one fish makes a pretty good picture on his own, and you can totally see like details and stuff. Inventing magical fish calligraphy is fun.
- I drew these guys to be background elements in another picture, but I ended up liking them too much ^_^
- Water Buffalo: The fins aren%92t used for propulsion, but for temperature regulation. The bulbs can be filled with air from a bladder next to the lungs in order to expand or compress the fins under water and take advantage of temperature variation in currents. They prefer the brackish water of estuaries and shorelines. This need to be named something more appropriate than %93Water Buffalo%94 some day... I have no idea where that came from.
- It's old, and I didn't plan the layout well to account for the word bubbles. This is why I am not a comic artist. But it makes me giggle and a little birdy told me I had to upload it here.
- A creature design I put together to help me plan a bigger picture of the spider in its web. The chandelier spider lures its prey in with light created by its phosphorescent saliva. The saliva hardens into little beads, which the spider attaches to itself with snarls of webbing.
- Jackrabbit. I hope to color this soonish.
- Eclipse is another inked commission from Texas Furry Con. All the gryphons mobbed me! It was fun ^_^
- Commission for M. Carpenter.
- Gavin Rockwells MZDM card. Fluffy and wet, had some trouble figuring that one out ^_^
- Not the most heart-stoppingly original gryphon ever, but I like him.
- Card commission for Hachi Okami at MZDM.
- Card commission for Honey's player.
- I try to keep the cute under control, but sometimes it gets away from me and rampages across the countryside devouring children.
- Is She an Angel? She was going to be attacked by a macaw because she's holding a chick in her hand. But my friends told me to quit being morbid and just make her an angel.
- Illucian is one of my inked drawing commissions from last weekend's Texas Furry Con. Loads of fun!
- So it's cute. But it's a a mildly canabalistic kind of cute so it's ok.
- Sure, thorny branches between his toes were uncomfortable. But he learned his lesson after the first time he ran afoul of an over-ripe berry. Lucky for him, he only had a foot to fall that time. He then decided that pricked feet are much better than a bruised tail. Watercolor pencil and markers.
- I started this pencil drawing several years ago and finally felt like finishing it. Borders between plants and animals should be thinner. The pencil drawing for this is larger than my usual, about 18 by 20 inches. A detail can be seen here: http://www.mousehaunt.com/color/plantwolf.html
- A small thank you for Yao Chis player for being all kinds of cool. Besides, gangly baby feathered dragons are no end of cute.
- %93We were allowed into a Phoenix temple that happened to have a very large, very shiny stone. Just the kind of shiny that any Nezumi would treasure. The Unicorn told me that I should not and I believed her. Unicorns have a way of making their words become the truth. The Dragon told me I would not and I believed him. Dragons have a way of seeing into tomorrow. But when the Crane told me I could not, well it would not have been right to let him keep believing that falsehood.%94 My Ratling never gets the party into any trouble ^_^
- MZDM card commission for Raven Dragon.
- MZDM card commission for Sesahcrup Llano. The stripes really pulled this picture together.
- Based on such diverse elements as: 2 sleeping kittens, a 1 winged white pelican, hazy childhood memories of A Flight of Dragons, and the 2nd OST for Hellsing.
- My I don't have time to draw but I really really want to anyway quickie for the trading post ^_^ Vantid's Koirin.
- Commission for Yao Chi's player. I generally prefer scanning to photographs, but the rough edges of the amate paper made it just too much of a hastle to peice together the scans.
- Tales of Yao Chi are spread even throughout the Pacific Northwest. A commission for Yao Chi and his great idea. If you ever get a chance to work with the technicolor dragon, do it!
Corene Werhane (Nezumi)