<July 1, 2004>
- I've had the urge to draw something cute and buggy for a while. I had actually started with the mindset to make her a spider. As I got going she decided she wanted to be a bee, so I just went with it. She kind of reminds me of a Hindu idol like Shiva or Vishnu, expecially with the little lotus flower (although that happened purely by accident.)
- OMG speed painting! Fun stuff. Painter.
- First gouache painting, I made some errors. I'm just learning ^^ (*whispers* He's on ebay to help with bills: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3734014974)
- I've just started some fire ant research for my grad thesis. Later this summer I'll be looking at pathogenic fungi and nematodes that emerge from ant cadavers. Thinking about those experiments inspired this ant zombie. She's rendered in marker, with a bit of gouache in the background.
- Whenever people make mystical characters with earrings up the wazoo and glowing tattoos and magical dragons living up their butt, they give them complex, made-up names like Naphtzirea, Tyrnabuul, Naadirea, Foobar, etc. Now, i'm not saying i have anything against sugh names, but i mean, at least one of them had to have had parents that got sick of forgetting how to spell their kids names. Whatever happened to Josh, the warlock? Or Robert the conjurer? Where's Steve the Alchemist? So i give you, Darrel. He works in accounting. (photo courtesy of corbis.com)
- hmpf, I thought I had this uploaded here. I did it sometime last year, but I'm still really pleased with it. Bobby's Kittys was a little spoof that my friends and I made up when the first Charlie's Angels movie came out. Artwork © Cindy Ramey 2004
<July 1, 2004>