<March 3, 2003>
- this is drawn on a piece of wood; it was for Scruffy for his birthday originally. i started this in mid-January after I had met the very talented T'(homas Blue) and was just inspired...this ended up being a Valentine's Day gift instead. it didn't scan very well, but you get the idea...!
- My interpretation of the End of the World. Done in oil pastels on black paper.
- A celestial cockatrice (aka basilisk), done in crayons. This pic was inspired by the cockatrice in "The Book of the Dun Cow" by Walter Wangerin, one of my all-time favorite furry books. If you're into animal fables and haven't read this classic yet, DO SO!!! :)
- "Ghost Patriarch"...someone you DON'T want to meet at an African watering hole in the middle of the night. Done in ink.
- Jinx, the cuddly catdragon. Done in colored pencils and ink.
- Three tundra swans (actually angels in swan disguise) sing their "swansong" and prepare to depart this world under a winter eclipse. Done as a textured "paper mosaic", made with many tiny bits of ripped-up paper glued to a background and shaded over with colored pencils. The "ice" effect is simply glued-down toilet paper. :)
- Badguy Ahjin doing some kind of magic...thing. He's bad! So bad!!! Between university work I've been trying to make my character drawings more exciting. Ahjin Lazuli is © Abigail Ryder 2003.
- An alien spider checks out the cosmos. Commission for the very cool Erik S.
- It's fun to draw lions in yin yang motifs. All together now!
- There's this guy I really like who's a blackbelt in karate. ..Um.. *^^*
- Another watercolor and pen piece, a bit more elaborate this time. It's 12 x 16, just your typical dragony type, wrapped in beads, with a frog. (Of course there's a frog.) Pet? Lunch? Buddy? Your guess is as good as mine...
- "It's Tickle-time, baby! HAHAHAHA!!!" Tetra gives Ulario a big surprise!