<January 5, 2003>
- Another image for the Vagrant site, inspired by a dream I had while napping to Hans Zimmer. Best viewed with the lights off. (Yes, that is Irv down there.)
- One of the staples of science fiction are cat-like (or doglike, etc.) aliens. It seems to me that such a creature would, at best, bear a passing resemblence to terestrial critters, while having a radiaclly different anatomy. It's also an experiemtn with a looser, more painterly style, influenced by the work of John Shoenherr. Photoshop.
- An experiment with coloured paper, I was inspired to draw this after an afternoon with my history prof. Where this came from I don't know.... Coloured pencil on coloured paper
- My friend Tasiia (character © 2002 to her) adores rhinos. So here she is, astride her dwarf riding rhino. pencil doodle
- I really don't like chickens. One semester I had to spend late hours in the campus barn with them and this is what came out of it... the demon chicken of my mind. b/w pen and ink
- commission for chucky blackmuzzle, pencil, 2001
- genet priestess, pencil, 2001
- art trade with Donna Bond, pencil and marker, 2002
- A lovely piece I did during the Festive season at my grandparents. I plan to do the solar version to complement this soon. Prints may be available if any are interested.
- I've gotten a nifty new layout up for my site. Ironic that this version finally goes up the day my traineeship ends. www.furry.org.au/Darkhorse Feedback most welcome! Pencil on cartridge paper
- I'm rather fond of this piece. Katarina in a gown at sunset. Yup. Artwork © 2003 Kayleen Connell.
- My boyfriend's character, Kjata. A musclebound anthro dragon that is 7'5" tall (without the horns) and weighs over 500 lbs but is really a gentle giant.
- Reese with her javelin.