<March 9, 2002>
- . . . And she'll do it too!
- I was experimenting wint a new inking style. I'll work on making my inking look less busy but I think I like the looseness of it all. These are a couple of bandits. (By the way, my birthday is tomarrow.)
- Until my scanner is back up, this is the kind of tripe you will all get. Muahaha. Or something. Wolphyn and Badger are a little confused - they think mushrooms taste bad. This little guy begs to differ. You can practically hear him saying, "Eat me!"
- The greytoning for issue 10 is complete, just acouple more pages to letter and off to the printers, FINALLY. Why I like doing comic sequential art rather than pinups? Cause I can draw about 6 or so less pinups a page. Shawntae Howard (Sticktoitiveness) Please do not redistribute.
- These are perhaps my favorite pages if the whole book due to the way the layouts came out. This page particularly. Steve did a great job inking the feathers and to think, cause of my wrist all the art was in just blue line pencil instead of the normal hard (grey) pencil lead. Shawntae Howard (Sticktoitiveness) Please do not redistribute.
- They say the key to a good leader is getting good people to work with you (well, thats G.W's excuse) Mitch Sonota (and I pray I'm spelling his last name right) was a God send. His years of experience and talent with a pc amaze me. I hope I can keep him interested to do more work. Shawntae Howard (Sticktoitiveness) Please do not redistribute.
- "Engine Trouble" - a freebie sketch I'm throwing in with the model sheets of "Ms. Cloudsteel" and "Jenny Swift" for Talin as an added "thank you." Pen brush and technical pens. (I may try coloring it in on the PC later.)
- Okay, I could write a novella about the making of this pic... how it started out as happy little Leiahdorus-induced sketchie (traced to bristol), which I just about ruined pouring on layers and layers of marker, watercolor, pencil, acrylic, india ink... Oi. I don't think I totally ruined it. Actually, it came out a LOT better than it could have. See, this is the problem with not having any computer skills. I have to do all my special effects with traditional art supplies. And mostly cheap, half-dryed-out ones, at that. Heh. Um, anyway, this is for Devska. Yay.
- Move along, folks, nothing to see here. It's just Keer with a patch cord. Yay for patch cords. Yay for people who can listen to industrial music early in the morning and it makes them hyper. Woo!
- Ulario and Gangor the lycanthrope in hand-to-hand combat. Do I hear the Mortal Kombat theme song playing in the background? LOL :P
- A wingless forest dragon... *shrugs*... I guess...
- I haven't worked in pencil for ages, and it shows. Still, its not too crap. 'Tis just a fox with a stick, nothing more.
<March 9, 2002>