<August 12, 2001>
- For those times when you don't feel like you're really there...
- My (successful/unsuccessful?) attempt at illustrating 'White Roses' by Information Society, a depressing song that I empathize a little too much with lately. Done in a decidedly... different style than usual. Lyrics © InSoc.
- More sketchbook stuff. I've been trying to pull myself out of a slump, and have taken to practicing my basic anatomy and pancil technique. This has been spurred by the recent descovery of Cristian Goss's "The Red Star"- one of the few truly visually inspiring comics I've seen in years...
- An illustration of Watts Martin's "Playing the Hero's Role", commissioned for the Belfry archive www.belfry.com. Photoshop over a pencil sketch
- Murphy's Tech Law says "New systems generate new problems." In this case, Murphy's office is littered with them.
- And now another-you guessed it-redrawn older craracter pic! Meet Zombra, formally a rodentlike sth-style femme fatale that ruled the Underworld with an iron grip. Now she has a defined species (Pronghorn) and while she doesn't rule Hades anymore, she is still a sickly lookig animated decomposing corpse. And in her former life, she was a pop singer a la Bratney Phears and Crudstina Ifeelterra. Lord Raptor would love her ^_^ Zombra © me
- Okay Sheryl, are you happy you mad lynx you! Heh, comic strips after a long time. These are my college strips. Eventually as things progress with my arm and I get ahead in my comic book schedule more new Ebony Tales will come out. Until, enjoy the college years.
- More college fun. Side note, it was great meeting all of you yerfers and fans alike at AC this past year, I had a blast (and soo many good looking..uh hum. Anyway). It was nice seeing you all. Arms sorta getting better (therapy soon). Copyright Shawntae Howard 2001
<August 12, 2001>