<July 29, 2001>
- *runs!* :D Kain © Eric Goodwin, Jen Aside © Julie Miyamoto
- I bought some art supplies while at Comic-con last week. This piece was done to test out the brush tipped Copic Markers. They come in 3 sizes, with the largest being a standard Copic Marker, with one end being a foam tip brush (the other two being small brus tipped pens). The Good news is that Copic is making a push into the US market (and their US sales rep is an Art Teacher from Oregon). Their paper is good too. The bad news is they are pricey, though the markers are refillable. I like these pens. Done with small, medium, medium and large black Copic markers. Scott A. H. Ruggels 7 / 2001.
- Another piece done to test the new art supplies. The paper, this time is some increadibly marker friendly "DELETER Comic Maniscript paper: Type A" It's a heavy, smooth (plate) finish paper, of a very fine grain. Almost like drawing on a styrene sheet. Wonderful stuff. I got it from the Comictones Booth (www.comictones.com)for $5.00 for 40 sheets ($6 for 150% up from manga print size) Who is this guy? I haven't a clue. he may or may not be from Asheru's story. Copic markers on Manga paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 7 / 2001
- Howdy, Yerfers! I figured I'd make my first official upload one of my old favorites. He's drinking coffee and reading Tiger Beat, as tiger beetles so often do.
- A birthday picture for Lady Xan of her character. For some reason, I've been running into a lot of purple characters lately. Odd color explosion. Anyway, this is marker and colored pencil with some photoshop in the background text and clean-up, and was a quick project- Total time, from blank paper to finish, roughly 3 hours. The Bible verse in the background is Revelation chapter 5, verse 13b.