<July 23, 2001>
- The jackal version of Reno from Final Fantasy 7, as played by Rai (Rachel Carroll), leaning back, having a drink, and generally lookin' all cool and handsome while exerting no effort whatsoever. ;) Pencils and colors by me, inks by Rai, and the little doodle on the side was added by Ashryn in the original sketch. ;P
- Grasscutter Revisited. I've always loved classical Japanese prints. When I got some hand-made peper, It gave me the excuse to play around in tha style. All brush inked too! For sale at AnthroCon
- A Russian Propaganda poster featuring the First dog in space. Translation: Laika. She wants you Jon the Soviet Space Military! Also for sale at Anthrocon.
- Commission for Mike Russel for http://www.vickifox.com. Vickie becomes the unwitting subject of a nature documentary.
- Commission for Mike Russell for http://www.vickifox.com . A fairly appropriate metaphor for 'Webrings'.
- "Rejection," 30" x 40" oil on masonite. "The spot light of guilt, and self-pity shine on us all. As the thick darkness of loneliness, consumes our lives." We have all be rejected at some point in time, and we have all sat crying in the corner of our soul.
- "Rejection," 30" x 40" oil on masonite. This is a close up (to show some of the detail) of the full view of the painting above...."The spot light of guilt, and self-pity shine on us all. As the thick darkness of loneliness, consumes our lives."
- Other stuff I've been up to, painting / coloring badges (and the huge illustration I left at a friend's house last night I'm still working on). One of my favorites, Bombur.
- A much better version than the previous one. Getting the grey to shade right got interesting.
- Small story involving this. This was based on Aeto's costume of Kiko, a very cool looking white tiger. Mouth moves too. Anyway, he's also part of a group called Paw Pets West, featured on the Funday Paw Pet Show. His character he uses is a snow leopard sporting a pair of cool shades named Alex. Go see Funday Paw Pet Show Live and Unlagged at AC fer more of the related.
- Where to start. Let's just say between work and getting ready for Anthrocon, I've been up to a lot. At work, I'm helping run two reading groups (won't be there this Thursday, so covering two books for the last day the following week, plus ice cream). This is one of the character sketches I did for my reading club note book.
- My soon to be used other note book. A very quick (and probably offmodel) version of the Gushi vesal. Not a weasle, a veee-sal. Ya can kill me later, Dan.
- Wolf basks in the morning sun; the day is new, and there are many things to sniff. (Oil on canvas, 16x12.)
- Long-awaited commission, acrylics on watercolour paper. It's Tanya, as a snow leopard! I wish the scanner would show the full detail of the piece, I put a lot into this one. Character is © Tanya.
- I know, it's a big 'un. Didn't want to scale it down any further, as you might not be able to see much of the detail then. 3 feathers, painted as a wedding gift. Although this "frame job" was done in Photoshop, it is essentially how I'll matting it in suede, in a shadow box. ©to me, of course, and the coastal critters © to the Pacific Northwest! ;o)
<July 23, 2001>