<June 20, 2001>
- (Beware: cute installation.) Arphalia's good side.
- (Beware: cute installation.) Arphalia's better side.
- Second prototype comic strip. First appearance of the turtle character. I think I improvised a bit on his body. Don't blame the fox, it's his nature.
- "Ruined Keep," Computer. A pair of life mated gryphons soar over their nest, an old ruined keep. Forgotten and isolated, they share in undisturbed peace, their Love.
- If you can`t swim this otter will help you of course ;)
- Vicki Fox commission. One of the ten or so commissions I'm slowly plowing my way through. Watercolor, inks and some colored pencil. Sorry for the small size of the image. Vicki Fox C. and TM by Michael Russell.
- Another commission. White squares are areas my scanner didn't cover. This was peiced together from about 5 seperate scans already. I like to work big. What can I say? Prismacolor markers and colored pencil. Chakat characters c. 2001 by Bernard Doove.
- This'll be the only badge I put up. Promise. Yet another commission. Watercolor and ink, with press-type used for the lettering, because my hand lettering is really crappy. Character c. 2001 by Carlos Casal
- Big Blue Fox run afoul of a bald eagle. Marker and colored pencil. The last of the commissions I'm posting. The rest either aren't Yerf-able, or are too large to do a good scan of. Big Blue Fox c. Karsten Autcher.
- The approved sketch for a commissioned piece, a much less cute version of Cerberus.
- Common Loon with Chick. A somewhat older piece. This was done on 11 x 14 Bristol,done completely in stipple with a .05 Micron pen. I was just about cross-eyed by the time I finished it! :oP
- Acrylic painting on canvas board. An Alaskan timber wolf howls from atop a fallen and decaying totem. He seems to be lamenting the loss of the Old Ways and tradition, from the midst of the remnants of a ruined Haida village. I'm not happy with the brown wolf on the ground... he looks more dog-like.
- Summertime finds VickiFox spending time with her little cousin Debbie FlaFox, out in the park. Drawn by permission. VickiFox and Debbie FlaFox © by Michael Russell Art©2001 by Donald L. Brown (Oldrabbit)
- This series of pics are of the Council of Five, the rulers, both political and spiritual, of the world in which my story is set. Each member of the Council represents a different element. Picture #1 of 5- Zosma, lioness ruler of Fire.
- Picture #2 of 5- D'heneb, stag ruler of Earth.
- Picture #3 of 5- Tarazed, eagle ruler of Air. No, he's not wearing a lab coat.
- Picture #4 of 5- Fao'lan, wolf ruler of Water.
- Picture #5 of 5- Kochab, monkey ruler of Spirit. The wings are symbolic :-)