<June 23, 2000>
- Here are some members of the <<Rengo Kantai>> (Combined Fleet) of the <<Nihon Kaigun>> (Imperial Japanese Navy) who are pivotal characters in this story, taking place in the South Pacific, sometime in 1936 - 37. The two in the foreground are officers, and the to inthe background are "able Seamen". These were done in my attempt at the Bruce Timm style. Brush ink on paper. Scott a. H. Ruggels 6 / 2000
- For a side project of mine. I have been in a bit of a rut. I thought that attempting to adopt the style of another artist might help me look at the material in a new light. Here's a picture of Tumansky using more of a Bruce Timm (Batman, Batman Beyond) type of line. Bruch Inks on paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 6 / 2000
- Here are various figures/characters in the story. The female is Richard bartrop's character Ilse. the two Gentemen in the back are shady characters. The piece continues in the Bruce Timm style attempt, and I have to keep kicking myself to omit detail. I have tried. maybe not enough, and I didn't have the heart to "polyreduce" the female to the usual Timm "stick woman". But I did try to keep the "curves versus Straights" that the Timm style relies on. Brush inks on pape. Scott A. H. Ruggels 6 / 2000
- for comparison, here are costume sketches of Tumansky done about a month ago. This is to contrast and compare the styles. These are probably a good illustration between "Style" and "Design" as Sondra has commented before. Tumansky is a thin, aristocratic Wolf. here, he is done in my usual style. Pen on Paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 6 / 2000
- A lion. (A lion who is not even remotely related at all with TLK thank you very much.) Colored and shaded with Photoshop.
- Requested pic. Xaxoqual Astralwing. Basicly he's a really cool looking Anthro Articuno. Xaxoqual Astralwing is © himself.
- tiger girl © Rachel Schramm
<June 23, 2000>