<February 13, 2000>
- " ...Here's the windup...and the swing!" Practicing the "action moves for sword work. Not my accustomed combat mode. She lends herself quite nicely to movement. No name yet.. But more of her background and what's going on is slowly becoming apparent. Scott A. H. Ruggels 2/2000
- Here, our nameless female Wolf, squares off in her second "evaluation fight", this time with a "Civilized Lupine", who is with the group for political reasons. He "has issues' with barbarians, and this is right before he starts breaking wooden weapons all over her. Blanked background figure is the young human lord. Scott A. H. Ruggels 2/2000
- Thank you all for the positive responses to this series of drawings. It has been most gratifying. Well I don't know much background yet, but she has a brother. This is him. There are males as well as females. Scott A. H. Ruggels 2/2000
- This is the big brother showing what two weapons he prefers. Sling for distance, and a "hand and a half, up close. Apparently he was not the favored child of the family as he has no armour, though he and his sister do seem to get along well. Pencil on paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 2/2000
- Here is Big brother, watching his sister's evaluation fights with 'The Young Lord", "The Lupine Lord", and the "Old armsman' respectively. This also shows him tightening his leg tapes or 'puttees'. I wanted to see his reactions. Characters are fun. Pencil on paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 2/2000.
- Commissioned for a sweet girl named Helle.:) Sorry about the small size and the "SAMPLE" written on it...I just don't want anyone else getting the print for free or redistributing it.>.< First time I've ever had to resort to that...but ennywayz, the twin cats are (C) Helle, don't steal!^^;
- Commission #2 for Helle...it's her chars Ruol and Harris in a very cliche pose.O_o' Ergh...I *will* survive through this school year.....
- A Chakat wonders if the sign applies to hir in a punny way. Sketchbook art from Further Confusion, modified slightly for Yerf. Chakats © Bernard Doove, but I don't mind if you create your own Chakat characters as long as you play nice. *grin*
- Lieutenant PlumYayin, a Chakat character created by Tom Montgomery. Hir name refers to hir plum-red colour pattern. Commission art, work-in-progress. While the final piece will be in colour, I decided to try out my brush-pen on this and it came out quite nicely. Chakats © Bernard Doove. PlumYayin © Tom Montgomery.
- Itchy itchy little undead puppy. For all of you Fluffy fans out there. All one of you. You know who you are.
- Here's a character that Vicky ran in a an AD&D game a few years back. This is sort of a departure for me since I specialize in dragons. The character was named Amalthea after the human form of "The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle. Any other similarities between the two characters is virtually non-exisistant.
- The line art of this dragon appears on the cover of my 'DragonAge" portfolio. The original is 8.5 x 12" and still lives in my sketchbook. The printed image on the cover of the portfolio only measures a couple of inches across so I thought I'd post a larger image to see. At some point in the future this may be offered as a print.
- "Evening Perch" is 16 x 20" acrylic on hot press Crescent board. This was painted in '91 and the sky that is in the original painting is nowhere near the image that is in the current version. I was unhappy with the effect of the clouds in the original and replaced the background using Photoshop. I may, at some point, go back and rework the origianl image to match its digital counterpart. First run prints of this have sold out.
- This piece was submitted to United Publications for consideration as cover art to accompany my five-page story "Hask's Trade" which appears in WILD SIDE vol. 2 #1. It is originally 9 x12" inked on Bristol board. The line art was colored with Photoshop and the background is a photo composite.
- Another favorite peice, this time from the color portfolio I did a few years ago. Jack Salem's long-suffering parents, Alley and Marsha. Done in Markers, watercolor and colored pencil. My scanner is doing Unpleasent Things today, and this looks more washed-out than it should be.
- This is probably my favorite picture from the FC artshow. Although some of the other things I did were much more ambitious, I'm very happy with how the markings on the nightjar came out. The two birds are a swallow-tailed nightjar, and a scissor-tailed flycatcher. Done mostly in markers, with some colored pencil and paint.
- I got quite a few nice e-mails about my recent post about my (future) son, whom was last seen as a baby, now he's gotten a little size. Thanks all :) A couple of them asked about what's on his jersey. It's his OnLiner Sports League team, Force Fur. (At this period, online computer games are so popular, there are not only well-known players but some games have even become spectator events, with teams playing each other before online viewers!)
- Limpidity #375: Valentine's Day 2000
- Limpidity #376: Valentine's Day 2000
- Limpidity #377: Valentine's Day 2000
- Long story. Scene from a roleplay, Firewind is in trouble, for Lord Pyro (big mean, nasty dragon...etc.) caught him. But my sheer luck he escapes. Firewind © to his player, Pyro © to me.
- Reign is a meanie. Psycrowe & Reign © to me.
- t'was Undertow's birthday a while back, and here is a picture i drew for him :). Undertow © to Richard DaLuz.
- Walks Alone, A fellow furry dragon on my role player, drawn by request of her player, who she is © to.
<February 13, 2000>