<June 10, 1999>
- I don't normally upload sketches, or even show them to anyone, for that matter. I don't consider it very hard to do good sketches because you can leave out a lot of detail which the viewer will then fill in, which almost always makes sketches look better than the finished art actually would. In this case I'm making an exception, as these were recently commissioned to be part of a display and are a good example of what my pencils generally look like.
- The "Seed" bat is an interesting exercise in anatomy. Because I wanted her to look rather like an actual flyer, she's heavily muscled but thin to the point of anorexia -- an almost impossible build. Her design is based in part on the descriptions of the Angels in John Varley's Gaean Trilogy. Varley is one of my favorite authors.
- Swordbreaker, Oni's other nickname if you're wondering. this is pretty old, but i decided to post it since it still looked pretty good =P there was going to be a background but i couldn't do it or find a photo of a rainy street. Swordbreaker -c- Oni ^^
- I was mentally going through my closet, picking out what I'd wear to a club. I remembered friends telling me this shirt I have is perfect... and thus, this picture was born. Erin Cat, in my tight, shimmery, velvet shirt, an amazing skirt, and fishnets. Everything in this picture, I own--with the exception of the skirt, which I think I gave away. "Mrow, baby" is right!!! Erin Cat © me!! ^_^
- How comes Isopline (Oh yeah - that's his name, you know!) doesn't fall over when standing like that? We'll never know.
- Soul, Life & Death truly is a wonderful being (that really doesn't deserve such a cheap coloring.. but I'm inna hurryhurryhurry.) that most beings only see at the moment of their birth or death. It carries the scythe to shatter the bodies of the Shadows to release their souls.. not a part of its job that it likes too much, really. SoLiDe is © me-eeee.
- Here is a little bunny I worked up for my art website. Art©1999 by Donald L. Brown (Oldrabbit)
- A little something for a great artist friend on her birthday...Karen Krajenbrink!! Seems like Icefox doesn't wanna take her birthday punches and would rather dish them out instead...poor Ashy! Enjoy Karen!! So it's her special day guys...make sure to wish her a good one!!!! Icefox © Karen K.