<May 4, 2002>
- decided to make a quick post to let people know i'm still alive. i'm not really posting new art publicly due to a very hurtful/rude incident involving infringement. you'll see me posting regularly again when i feel comfortable sharing my emotions and art again.
- "happy tears"- it was our 5 year anniversary this year.
- Little Gryllus sketch! Buggies! She' got a big head. *sad*
- Boring ink drawing. Planned on not using black outlines but after starting the inking found the smaller marker tips tore up the paper. Went on with the image anyhow, too late to turn back. Will attempt this character again later with better tools.
- Badge art trade for GothKitty. Probably the only trade I'll do for badges, as I am trying to make money from doing it. She was my test subject though. (Thanks to GothKitty for the risk.) Anyhow, she's © her creator, art © me. I probably won't be doing con badges -at- cons, so if ya want one, you'll have to get with me in advance. I have the supplies, now a first example. Yay.
- Prepare for a week of generic adventure! This is a 7 page comic and I will be posting a page of it each day for a week. Check for page 2 tomarrow.
- Page 2 is the inevitable waffle page. Wafflefox is in the background in panel 2.
- Gushi and his VR goggles. My hand was a shade of something when I finished. Gushi © Dan Mahoney, 2002
- One of these days I'll stop revising this character, I'm sure. This isn't one of these days. She looks a lot cuter this way, anyway. That thing around her neck is a Chinese-type coin purse - spiritual feathers and amulets are nice and all, but aren't really useful when you have to carry housekeys and student I.D.