<January 8, 1999>
- I was looking through Christmas cards for neat pictures and got inspired to sit down and paint. I don't know what it means but this is what came out of it. Kind of an impressionistic thing I guess. I like it though.
- Just before New Year, Bernard "Chakat Goldfur" Doove came over to New Zealand for a few days holiday, and both of us went on a driving tour of the North Island. One of the places we visited was Rotorua, a town in the middle of a geothermal region with lots of hot pools, boiling mud etc. Being the innovative chakat that shi is, Goldfur suggested a novel method for brewing coffee, but MayFurr isn't convinced... Goldfur © Bernard Doove, MayFurr © me.
- Still on "Goldfur and MayFurr's New Zealand Tour", here the fox and chakat relax in one of the hot pools. Unfortunatly, later the smell of sulphur dioxide from the pool is rather distinctive when they both meet Lindgold in Auckland! Goldfur © Bernard Doove, Lindgold © Grant Preston, MayFurr © me.
- "Goldfur and MayFurr's New Zealand Tour" again. Now our intrepid travellers arrive in Auckland, and visit the Sky Tower, the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. On the viewing deck we found some thick glass viewing panels in the *floor*, 200 metres above the city... Goldfur © Bernard Doove.
- No trip to the Philippines would be complete without a trip on a Filipino jeepney! Rom and Tamara Fox take MayFurr on a trip, but they seem to have lost him... Rom and Tamara © Rommel Ignacio, MayFurr © me. This is the inked version of an earlier pencil sketch uploaded.
- Terra! ^_^ Character copyright Tory Chang...thanks so much for the picture of Luna and the letter you sent! I hope you like it :D
- hm.. I just don't understand, when you take fur into account.. >:P
- Got some colored pencils for Christmas and finally got around to trying them out. This is my first colored pencil pic ever and, yes, I know the tree looks like a bad representation of broccoli. I wasn't sure if you usually do a pencil sketch first and then color over it or just draw and go with it... If anyone has any techniques that they would like to share or want to give feedback on the pic I would GREATLY appreciate it :)