Laura Westrate (Cricket) —2/2 >
- I had a sudden urge to draw a bat...so i did. Made in ProCreate PainterClassic with my Wacom tablet.
- For Blairhound of DeviantArt. Some weeks ago, i asked her if she'd like to do an art trade.... I dunno if we ever actually agreed to do one, but i was recently inspired to draw her, n spent my last few lunches at work drawing this for her. So, if she happens to draw something back for me, we'll call it a trade.. Otherwise, it's gift art for her.
- The rough sketch for this appeared in my sketchbook while watching "Nightmare Before Christmas." My brother and his wife are getting a borzoi soon, so i have borzois on the brain heh... Chalk pastels on 16.5x24 inch black canson paper. (This was photographed with a digital camera, so it's a tad blurry; my apologies.)
- Cuz sometimes, we say or do things we later regret. Ah well.... We're soon old and so late smart.
- For Zitholkt (on DevArt) cuz she's been so nice to me. This is her character Creature with her dog Peanut. Peanut was her rl boxer/shepard who was...unjustly taken away from her... This was drawn with microns, n prisma markers and coloured pencils.
- Painted just the other day to get out some images and thoughts i had in my head.
- Just trying to copy Twapa's Flash vector style ;) Fun stuff! This was just a test, but one thing's for sure: I figured out how to do feathers if i ever need to!
- This was originally completed in 2002, on my oooold, terribly dark monitor. The colours were all wonky and the image itself was drawn quite lop-sided. I changed the colours yesterday and tried to redraw and reposition her torso so she wasn't leaning as much. I'd like to think i fixed this image at least a little... The original file can be seen here: http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/Laura-Westrate/cutedora.gif Pencil sketch traced over and coloured with 3x5 inch wacom tablet.
- Front of a card im working on... Gonna send it to Alan's Grandparents as a thank-you..just for taking care of him n looking out for him while i can't be there. Stupidly sappy, i know..but.. oh well. I want to thank them anyhow. This is about 3x5 inches, and was done in 45 mins while on breaks at work.
- I'm not sure really... Just playing around with a new technique. Turned out looking sort of like batik, but it's not...
- The cover of my current diary. This was drawn mainly with ink pen and coloured pencils.
- Might not look like much, but this piece has a lot of symbolic meaning to me. I like it! Prisma markers over a mechanical pencil sketch...n some white gel pen too.
- This is gonna take me forever to colour... I might as well upload the inks for now since i'm rather proud of them. The anatomy of Darren and i however..sucks. I certainly need to brush up on my human-ish anatomy.
- My "finished" half of an art trade with Darren (d6016 on DevArt). The background still seems rather unfinished/unbalanced to me though, so I'm open to suggestions as far as how to better this attempt goes...
- My half of an art trade with a friend of mine (d6016.deviantart.com) from the end of last year. I play with his tail a lot and it annoys him XP
- My friend Darren (http://d6016.deviantart.com/) came up with cowtatoes and i thought they were too cute, so i had to draw my own image with them! Yay cowtato! My scanner butchered the blending in this image, btw..Sky especially -.-
- "Despair" Another painting/collage thing. This one is 12"x18" (scanned in 6 parts! woo yay! x.x). Honestly, i don't know where this came from cuz im not depressed or upset at all... It just happened. Mixed media on illustration board.
- Erm... im getting really sick of the Christmas music they've been playing at work..? I swear... Rudolph might be next x.x
- A house key; something i wish i had... This is a poor attempt at some sort of forced perspective too, made with gold leaf and coloured pencil on black canson paper.
- I know i know, i put words in a picture >.< ..But, i like it this way.. Lyrics from "Don't Fake This" by Chevelle.
- For my 'roo boy cuz i love him so much ^^ Micron inks and prisma marker.
- Oh sure, it looks all cute and innocent, but he's actually sucking my brains out XD
- My mate wasn't too happy the other day, so i drew this to try and cheer him up... I only meant for it to be a sketch, but i kept working it, n thus, here you have it!
- Drawing at work produces some odd things...
- I've debated uploading these here for a while now. Yes, they're just the mood icons for my LiveJournal, but i put a considerable amount of work into them, and am very happy with the result. Micron ink, Prismacolor markers, and some computer editing.
- Yeah... erm.. does anyone have an idea for the background? I'm totally stuck lol
- Just your average, late-night brain leakings :P Doodled out in Flash5.
- A friend of mine was having boy troubles and i drew this to try and cheer him up. Ink pen and Photoshop7.
- Corgi's all like, "Imma make yo' face short!" n Wolf's like "Whateva!"
- A random doodle of a rat that ended up getting way more attention than it should have!
Laura Westrate (Cricket) —2/2 >