Cristina Penescu (Starfinder)
- I purchased Tim Albee's book, Essential Lightwave 7.5, and after a few days of work, this is the result. Edan, my hyena-wolf character. The backlighting was added in Photoshop, since I still have to figure out how to do it in Lightwave, but the rest is all Lightwave + Sasquatch. I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Mr. Albee for writing that book, because without him, I'd still be sitting here scratching my head and trying to figure out how to make a box in Lightwave!
- Silly animation cel thing I did out of bordom. 2 cels (one with Kishor and one with Hasky) layered over a laser print BG. I'm rather fond of this one, and the concept's cute. :) Kishor and Hasky © themselves
- A pastel portrait of my puppy, Buddy. Referenced off a photo from when he was around 4 months old. This was my first attempt at pastels, and I'm quite satisfied with it. However, the scanner totally mangled it, I will get a better scan of it soon. This one lacks all the subtle values and tones that the original has. 8.5x9, pastel pencils on bristol.
- A digital image of Jubin, my husky mutt character based off a friend of the same name. I used this image as a chance to loosen up my style abit, and not focus on every single hair. I also got to play with vibrant colors again, wich is always fun, and with vehicle design, too. Can you tell I like BMW's?
- A group portrait of three of my friends as anthros. Shahin (dingo), Shahriyar (rat/wolf) and Greg (direwolf). About 140 hours of work, total. The background is a photo I took in the student parkinglot, and was actually taken after the characters were already colored, so matching the lighting was rather tricky, though it came out ok. I have detailed close ups of the characters' faces available on my site, for those who are curious.
- A graphite piece done quickly in about 30 min. during class after I finished taking the California HighSchool Exit Exam. Nothing fancy, but atleast it's cute.
- "Sendiri" Photoshop, 2004. A speed painting wich, though it actually took around 1.5 hours, is still quick compared to how long my other digital pieces take. Shadowolf's character, Sendiri for the Yerf Trading Post. I felt like messing around with wild, vibrant colors, and a very loose 'painterly' style. Sendiri is © Shadowolf
- 'TribalDog' 11x14, watercolor and airbrush. An older piece wich I'm still somewhat fond of. I like the way the colors came out on this one.
- "War Cry" - Photoshop 6.0 Two warriors from opposing sides. One sounds out the end of the war, not knowing that a survivor from the other side is about to take him out. I'm surprised I haven't uploaded this one earlier. I have mixed feelings about the final product (after having looked at it for a few months) but alot of people seem to like this one alot, so here it is.
- Long overdue commission for Chenneoue. Whew..I swear, I'm brain fried..mrrr..I'm really happy with how this one came out. Gonna upload a close up of the faces next. :)
- I decided to draw my friend Clemonde as a hyena/dog character. Now, in real life he isn't a raver, though I decided that for this piece, it would work. So he's a 'closet raver', that is, he hasn't 'come out of the closet' about it. So he was groovin' in his room, and apparently the viewer opened the door, casting that warm glow on him, and caught him in the act. He doesn't seem to comfortable with it, as he sort of glares at the viewer. For a detail shot, check out: http://www.shadowlands.biz/cr-detail2.jpg
- 'Watchful Mother' 11x14 Watercolor and Airbrush, 2003. Sorry for the re-upload. I finally got around to cleaning my yerf gallery, and the image I had before was really muddy and washed out. Here's a clearer version.
- 'Fox Knight'. Digital realism piece for CF'03. I plan on making only ONE large print of this (either 11x14, or 15x20) wich will be for sale in the CF Artshow, not to mention numorous 8.5x11 prints wich will be for sale at my CF dealer's table. If you want to see a detail of this image, check it out here: http://www.starfinder.biz/foxzoom.jpg
- I FINALLY finished it! I probably wouldn't have though if I hadn't gotten my tablet. The mouse work was messing up my wrist. :-p Ohh well, I am extremely pleased with this one. Me and Troy, snuggling on the beach. I think it's really cute, and I hope he likes it and realizes that I care about him alot. :-p
- "Sitting Pretty" 11x14 Watercolor and Airbrush, 2004. A silly image of the same character that's in my 'Closet Raver' image. This piece will be at AnthroCon2004.
- I FINALLY finished it! Whew. This piece took forever to do. A sad wolf clutching a rose and reaching out to the one she loves. Lots of Photoshop work. This was all done with a mouse. I scanned the sketch and colored over it completely with the mouse. Ick. Lots of hard work. But I am really happy with thie piece.
- "Desert Marauder" - Painter 7 w/a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet. A jackalish looking canine travelling through the desert with his latest batch of stolen goods slung over his shoulder. Sorry for the re-upload, I took Cara's suggestion in the forums and made his tattoos look like they're actually dyed into his fur, rather than floating above it. Thanks for that suggestion, Cara!
- I'm surprised I haven't uploaded this one yet! This was a huge 20x30 watercolor and airbrush painting titled "Companionship" wich I sold at FC'04. About two months of work, and it marks a turning point in my art, as far as my realism and watercolor/airbrush work go. I definately learned alot of things from this piece, and to this day, it's one of my favorite traditional media pieces. If you like it though, I am offering a commission like this on furbid. It's the first of only four commissions that will be offered this year. http://www.furbid.ws/cgi-bin/auction.pl?commission_genfur&1080018942