Heather Reedy (Jessup Columbia)
- Something like daydreaming about your own imagination.
- Rodney thought he had it all under control, with a handful of jam and a fish-guttin' knife. But he hadn't thought of the unexpected spider dropping by unexpectedly. And so it begun.
- Fig.1 - The sketch. Tired.. furry at the end of some crazy sci-fi-fantasy battle.
- Can you draw out Leviathan with a fishhook? Or press down his tongue with a cord? Can you put a rope in his nose or pierce his jaw with a hook? Will he make many supplications to you, Or speak to you in soft words?
- Scanned from my sketchbook, 9x11 pencil & ink. Cropped to heck.
- You're not human You're a miracle A preacher with an animal's face
- ...and i jealously want the ocean's deep nerve. i am a red flame hanging low to be close to it. hanging low to be close to you.
- I burn everything. I burn bridges. I burn people. I burn toast, for Christ's sake.