<February 9, 2003>
- colored even!
- Just a little concept sketch for a mini-comic I may be doing in AmeriManga... June Summers. (Ain't that a cheesy name?)
- playing around with my lockjaws - perhaps a new design? the body design is not my fav, but i really love the head and coloration. eyes look weird cuz they're black and pupils are white - add the reflection and you get something interesting for sure! perhaps more of these will be popping up soon...
- An experiment where I tried to give dingbat a more realistic look. The epauletted fruit bat, the bat I modeled her after, has a dog-like face. Trias and ink. (Sorry for the re-upload. Managed to get the colors closer to the actual picture's.)
- Yet more B&W Painter doodles! This time a rather Zen badger. I keep doing these in these sort've mad, rapid spasms. That'll teach me to eat chocolate espresso beans for breakfast.
- This started as another b&w Painter doodle, but once I'd finished, I decided to add color. Now the little part of my brain that says "I think I liked it better in black and white..." is yammering and jumping up and down, but I'll get those wayward neurons yet. All I need is a sharpened crazy straw and a can opener...
- Another black and white Painter piece--sort've pre-emptive Valentine's day-ness, so that I don't have to draw froggy cupids. I am on some kind of creative spasm, and I have a feeling that when it gives out (in about five minutes) I'm gonna sleep for a week.
- Is she an escaped genetic experiment? An art student bitten by a radioactive hedgehog? She's an unusual superheroine with the amazing ability, when danger threatens, to ... roll up into a little spiky ball. =) Happy Birthday, Hedgy! (Hedgy © Ursula Husted) Drawn as part of a "superhero" paper model font - http://greywolf.critter.net/fonts.htm