<December 15, 2002>
- On their way Northeast, Asheru notes they will be passing by her pack's wintering place. She suggests that they go there, so as to stay at a friendly camp. The Humans agree, especially the Old Scholar. Once that is decided. Asheru lopes ahead. She greets her mother, the Alpha Female of her pack, and informs her to exoect some guests. pencil on paper. Scott A. H. Ruggels 12 / 2002.
- Asheru then warns her mother about Magnus, and his low opinion of "Uncivilized Lupines", and his rude behavior. Her mother, the Female Alpha then discusses with her, what they might do. Mother smiles as she gets some ideas. "He may not like us, but he won't take us lightly", she says, "and we won't let him abuse our hospitality." Pencil on paper. Scott A.H. Ruggels 12 / 2002
- Warned by Asheru, of Magnus low opinion he has of "uncivilized Lupines", when the party meets up with her people, they meet them in a show of strength.Lto R Old Uncle, Asheru's father, the Alpha, Asheru's Mother, and Asheru's slightly older brother. Pencil on paper. Scott A.H. Ruggels 12 / 2002.
- Magnus, now fully aware of the scope of his mission, briefs Virinia on it, and informs her that he may not be back for perhaps a year or more. She is not pleased by the news, and will Miss Magnus. Magnus, tryingto molify her, suggests he drafts a letter,granting her his estate, should he not return. This does not cheer her up. Pencil on Paper. scott A. H. Ruggels 12 / 2000
- Cottontail Courtship... this is watercolor, with a little bit of pen and pencil. Influenced by the courtship dance I've seen rabbits perform, and the colorful clothing of Southwestern Native Americans. Will be available at FC.
- A watercolor/colored pencil high priestess with an Art Nouveau inspired border. This has a sister piece which I hope to get finished by the end of the week. The colors are much nicer in real life. blah.
- Catrina Fela aka Vague of the Extinctioners new profile pic. Her fanclub is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thevaguefanclub . Copyright Shawntae Howard 2002.
- Bugs should paint. Beware the Prisma marker 12-pack, or your markerings will always be very ostentatious.
- Further experiments with exaggeration and foreshortening, and since it's been pointed out that the only lemurs anyone draws are the ringtails, I decided to draw an aye-aye. It's not pretty--aye-ayes are not what you'd call classically beautiful--but it's got a weird prosimian charm.
- Myeko in full armor. This was my first time playing around with armor made strictly of leather.
- Quick sketch of a copper dragon face.