<August 14, 2002>
- There's a Great Dane over there. I don't know, she's scared for some reason, don't ask me.
- She's got a stoat head, with an elongated torso to match! Look, Maui!
- 'Nothing is Real' - wishful thinking, maybe. I like the shading and the general look of the piano wires, as well as the overall composition. I can't believe this turned out. o_o Art © me.
- This is my take on a certain Egyptian myth. Sekhmet was sent down to punish mankind for thier sins. Well, she enjoyed her task a little too much and nearly destroyed all of mankind. Ra decided to put an end to her rampage by turning the blood she had spilled into wine. When she went to consume what she thought was blood, she got drunk and fell asleep. Thus averting catastrophe. My thought was, what if she decided to finish what she started. Thus, "The Second Coming". (It also provides the chance to piss off the religious right. Didn't Mapplethorpe get his millions this way? ; )
- Ghira here was created out of my homesickness for California. Don't get me wrong, I love Virginia and all, but the Bay Area was my home, y'know? And S.F.'s Chinatown holds a special place in my heart. I have fond memories of dim sum with my grandma, watching parades with Geners and KevinJ, the like. So here's Ghira, at Grant n' Bush, playing with a carp kite (Japanese, yes, but they do sell them all over Chinatown!). Inks, fooped with Photoshop 'till I attack this piece with color.
- Sketch for my good friend, Doc. :) Col-erase pencils are fun!
- A grasshopper. Done in Illustrator at work, converted to Photoshop.
- Last of the insects I am uploading. Oh, there's a lot more, but I think only Gryllus would appreciate seeing ALL of them. So, enough bugs from me for a while.
- I did this at work just for fun. Illustrator, converted in photoshop. I think I compressed it too much though. Ooops.
- "Prophecy," (Lightwave 3D and Photoshop). Experimenting again with using 3D as an art-tool.
- A commissioned feather of a white tiger. My scanner reeeally didn't like this one.
- Never one to let an idea die gracefully, I wound up doodling the gothbat again. I realize that I'm probably the only person who will find this amusing, but at last I can repay a little of my debt to society incurred by writing really, really bad poetry during my teenage years. (And hey, she's kinda cute.)
- Heh. Just an oldish sketch-- Ly's leaning on Giles, who belongs to Jonas and Kit. I'll colour this someday. See you folks at C-ACE!