<October 3, 2001>
- "Intimacy" (symbolic blabbering drawn in the studio)
- "Rhinoceros Viper Crawls Through Refuse Heap and Emerges a Proto-Furry"
- My scanner wasn't very nice to this picture. In fact, it messed up the anatomy. Asbestos is the creation of Breezy, and this is my take on him...
- Kitty on a stump...at night. Nuttin to special, just playing around with charcoal and pencil.
- "Fur in a Bar," 24" x 30" Acrylic on Masonite. Yes this is a painting. My Ode to Andy Worhal. Even though I really don't like most of Worhal's work. This was inspired by cutting thumbnails for my web site ( http://www.themarchhare.org ). I just like a thumb nail so much I painted large, and added a touch of color. This wasn't as easy to paint as one might think.
- Must... Have... Sleep....
- A fox curls up in some grass for a little snooze. | Acrylic on cut cardstock. | It's since been sold on Furbay.
- It's too much fun to do these drawings; probably because you get to do non-repeating patterns and be as delicate or as intricate as you desire. Whatever the case, I've extended the haiku series to include the Hedge-Witch and Guardian (though alone in their portraits). This one is 'above drifting koi / glittering sky riders dart / beneath dawn's soft clouds.'
- "Astrologer of House Repense" - © Sanguine Productions, Ltd. I drew this last night/this morning in between calls on a slow night on tech support, as filler for the "Bisclavret" sourcebook. The 300 dpi version shows off a wee bit more detail, but considering this will be shrunk down as filler anyway, that's a moot point. The description called for a bat lady in a conservative dress -- I suppose that there must be some clever ribbing in that dress, or perhaps fasteners going through wing-piercings. Dressing winged creatures properly is tough! (3 Oct 2001)