<September 12, 2001>
- Image and words are mine. Simplistic, I know.
- For those that have already donated their blood, keep your bandages (the multi-color ones they often give out in blood drives), and wear them like armbands or braceletes, and help show off that you volanteered to help those people that fell victim to that awful incident. I wish I was able to draw this sooner...but I was too shocked to even think. Speed, Kompy and Tanuki © Nicole Trujillo.
- "3 miles out," 8.5" x 11" Digital. This whole attack has been bothering me. I woke up last nite, to an erie silence, both in my room, and in my mind, and I finally broke and cried for those people. I'm angry, and sad. After the attack, it was reported that paper form the WTC was raining down up to 3 miles away. This cast an erie vision for me. Its like the trivial things in life were being cast away, so the souls of the dead, and dying may ascend unhindered to Heaven. Red Cross are asking for donations of Cloths, Shoes, and Blood. I feel I need to do something, my art is all I have.
- No, this wasn't inspired by recent events, I actually drew it a few days before. I finished it up today.
- 9/11/2001. ...I wished I could have made hopeful imagery first, but this forced itself out of me...
- Everyone's done something in tribute to the 11th, so much so that now it's becoming cliche. I like to think I did something different by charity auctioning this off the day afterwards. All proceeds donated to Red Cross.
- In this time, your neighbors to the north are here for you, with our homes for the stranded, our hospitals for the wounded and our hearts for the mourning.
- I was at the cafe in college. We all thought it was a bad dream, we all wish it was. My heart goes out to everyone who knows someone in NYC or DC.
- "We have awakened a sleeping giant, and instilled in him a terrible resolve." -- Japanese Imperial Admiral Yamamoto after the bombing at Pearl harbor. I'm sorry if this posting seems insensitive, but after President Bush's speech, and continuous news coverage, this is all I could think of. First I was sad, now I'm angry. Whoever you are, wherever you are, you'd better pray to whatever god you believe in that we never find you.
- God bless us all, we will get over this. America and it's people have been growing stronger by the hour, and we are all united together with those whom we have lost, those angels up above. I love you all, your art has been so inspiring these past few days, it lifted my spirits in a time of tragedy. (Last upload didn't seem to work...)
- a werewolf stalks his enemy
- "They can pierce our land, but they cannot pierce our heart!"... quoting Governor Gary Locke, this morning. It took me all afternoon to finish this donation feather. Please go find it on FurBid...look for "NY DISASTER". Every cent goes to Red Cross, and I pay the postage.
- My two New Yorker characters, Julian and Ryley. It was an unbelievable day yesterday...scary and surreal. This Canadian offers condolences to anyone who lost or had someone hurt in yesterday's tragic events. -_-