<July 2, 2001>
- now yerfable for the people.
- Inking practice: a bunch of stylized wonky critters. Oldoldoldold. Eesh.
- A birthday card for my friend Nathan. He got bitten by a friend's cat yesterday when he was patting it.. ;)
- YAY! I finally finished another one of those "Oh-Lord-Am-I-Ever-Going-To-Get-This-Finished" stipple projects! Done on Bristol with a .005 Micron, the totem is my own original composition, after lengthy study of traditional Haida design. The flying eagle is in line-work, to contrast with the totem stippling.
- Now for some ancient history. My half of an art trade with Nami Jarrett, who's so good that I could cry a river if I'm not careful to avoid looking at my own "art" directly after perusing hers. She probably laughed when she saw my attempt at depicting her character, too. ;> Naw, she's actually an incredibly nice person. It's rare when you meet someone who has earned the right to bear an insufferable ego and yet chooses not to.
- My half of a pic trade suggested by the incredible Stephanie Hahn here at Yerf. I hope this is at least somewhat satisfactory.... That's the trouble with doing art trades with your betters--you always feel guilty about not being able to draw as well as they can. ;>